Journals and Magazine: 25
e- journals and e – books: 6000+ e- journals and 1, 64, 300+ e-books under N-List.
- Before entering the library textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the Library. All materials are to be deposited in the property counter. Gate Register is to be signed legibly.
- A member, visitor entering the library shall record his/ her name, membership number & address in the register maintained for the purpose at the entrance counter.
- All the users must sign in the gate register before entry into the library.
- Library card is compulsory for getting access to the library.
- Silence to be maintained.
- No discussion permitted inside the Library.
- No personal belongings allowed inside the Library.
- Books treated as 'Reference' are not issued on loan. Current issues of Periodicals will not be issued.
- The librarian may recall a book at any time in case of urgency.
- Borrowers must satisfy themselves about the physical condition of the book before borrowing, otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage or mutilation noticed at the time of returning.
- If a borrower fails to return a book borrowed by him/her or if the book is found to be damaged he/she will be required to either
(a) replace the book with a new copy or
(b) pay twice of the publisher's price of the book.
· The librarian may recall any book from any member at anytime and the member shall return the same immediately.
student and employees of the college shall have to take Library Clearance
Certificate before they take release from this college to join other
institution or get retired from this college.
The following categories of persons shall become members of Sonari College Library
1. All the faculty members of sonari college.
2. All the regular students of sonari college.
3. All other regular employees of Sonari college
Provided that a person other than the above categories may be allowed to become member of the library as a special case on a request in writing from the person concerned. If a person is allowed to become a member of the library he/she shall pay an annual membership fee and security deposit. All eligible members under shall fill up and sign a membership registration form available at the circulation counter of the library.
Circulation Issue system
Books will be issued on presentation of the library card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
Possible number of Books for Borrowing: Category wise
The number of books lent to the registered members of the library are given below:
Materials borrowed should be returned on or before the due date stamped, if returned late overdue late fine will be charged Rs. 1.00 for the delayed period.
If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition otherwise pay twice of the publisher's price of the book after getting permission from the librarian.
Loss of cards
Loss of borrower card should be reported to the librarian. Duplicate card may be issued against formal application and fine Rs. 50 for Non- Major student and Rs. 60 for Major student.
To obtain the Library Clearance Certificate, one is to deposit Membership Cards, to the Issue Counter. The Issue Counter in return will issue a prescribed form to be duly filled up by the depositor with details of membership, on the basis of which Library Clearance Certificate shall be issued by the Librarian. Each student shall obtain no dues certificate from the Library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.
Care of Library books
Students are require to handle the books/ Journal very carefully marking with pencil, writing or highlighting, tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the Library staff at the time of issue.
Every year Sonari College Library offers an award known as “Best Reader Award” to a student who fulfills the following criteria
1. He/ she must be a student of Soanri College.
2.He/ she must agree to abide by the library rules.
3.He/ she must be sincere and disciplined while using the library.
4. He/ she must use the library to the maximum extent.
The award is announced and offered on the occasion of Librarian’s day, 12th August.
Our College library remains open in all working days. The library even remains open during
summer and winter breaks also
Library Hour 9.00am – 5:00pm
Book Issue Time 10:00am- 3:00 pm
*We are providing automated Circulation Service.
*To save the time of the user the library is running with Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC).
*Internet facilities are available at the library.
*We are providing Reprographic service by collecting a minimum amount.
*We display our current books and journals list in the periodical section as library new arrivals. We are providing user orientation programme for both teachers and students.
*We are updating our information notice board regularly.
*We are providing Newspaper Clipping Services.
*The entire library is under close circuit camera surveillance.
* An Institutional Repository facility is available at the Library.
* The Library has an Institutional Repository. The repository is well stocked with publications of Sonari College Magazines, Journals, Edited Books, Conference Proceedings, Lecture Notes, Audio and Video Lectures, Question papers, teachers’ and student’s Research Publications etc.
* We are also providing NLIST services for e-books and e-journals.
* Circulation Section
* Reading Room
* OPAC Section
* Periodical Section
* Reference Book Section
* Digital Library Section
For smooth functioning and activities of the library Sonari college constitutes a Library Committee. The main objective of library committee is to decide and adopt policies to govern the management
and development of the library, to prepare the annual budget, rules and regulations of the library.
The committee consists of Principal as Chairman, Librarian as Member Secretary and Head of the Department, IQAC Coordinator, Senior Teachers of Sonari College as Member of the Library Committee.